In 1858 the Reverend Tower drew up a Trust Deed on behalf of the Church to provide a school for the community. The school takes its name from the nearby 'Weavers Springs' which in the last century were dammed by the local weaving community, creating a pool for the washing and dyeing processes to be carried out.
The old school site was used up until 1994.
On 1st March 2013 Weavers Close became an academy sponsored by the Diocese of Leicester Academies Trust.
Click here for more information.